Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Raptai Hari Sukan SMKBJ ( 22nd June 2011 )

Whew, I'm extremely exhausted right now!
I was quite reluctant to actually blog about the Raptai Hari Sukan SMKBJ ( 22/6/11 ), because I was so tired...
But somehow, miraculously, I found myself sitting in front of my computer screen, glaring at the Blogger Dashboard. After hesitating for a moment, I urged myself to click the "New Post" button, dug out one of my Darth Vader pictures from my SW picture folder, and here I am! [ smiles ]

Well, today, my school held the first Raptai Hari Sukan SMKBJ. It's kind of like a "rehearsal" before the actual Hari Sukan event. And I mentioned that this is just the first Raptai. The second Raptai is going to be held this Friday at Stadium Melawati, Shah Alam. Finally, the real, official Hari Sukan SMKBJ will also be held on Saturday, also at Stadium Melawati.
FYI, this represents the first time the SMKBJ Sports Day will be held in a stadium. Previously, Hari Sukan SMKBJ was always held in the school field every year. I guess I can consider myself quite lucky, since this is my final year in high school, and I'll get to experience what Sports Day in a real stadium is actually like!

Anyway, I was chosen to represent PBSM in the official opening ceremony. Me and 3 others ( representatives from Kadet Polis, Kadet Remaja Sekolah, and Kadet Bomba ) were selected to lead the ceremonial marching procession, holding some sort of "Bendera Kejohanan" or something like that...
So I guess that means I'll have to stand stock still like a statue in front of the VIPs for what may seem like an eternity. But oh well, I don't really mind...

Oh, and today, besides the rehearsal, we had the final rounds for acara "lontar peluru" ( shot-put ) and acara "tarik tali" ( tug-of-war ). I participated in the latter ( tarik tali ). I was representing the Red House ( Rumah Mars ) along with 9 other people from Rumah Mars. Each Sports House had to send 10 people to represent their own respective houses in the "Tug-of-War" event...
Besides that, a House team is considered to be the winner of a match when they successfully win two rounds against the other House team.

First opponent: Rumah Mercury ( Yellow ). I was honestly quite nervous before it started. But miraculously, we won the first "tarik tali" round against Mercury! I was both surprised and overjoyed, and immediately my anxiety quickly converted into confidence as we geared up for the second round against Mercury. After an initial struggle, Mars won the second round against Mercury as well!
After our bout with Mercury ended, I almost felt like collapsing! My whole back was aching, my hands were numb, and I felt like my muscles were swollen or something! Plus, I was literally smothered in flour! Fortunately, after walking around for a few minutes, I felt my strength return to me, and I could finally feel my hands again! Haha!
I was just in time to see the Blue House ( Rumah Earth ) go head-to-head with the Green House ( Rumah Jupiter ). Earth lost both rounds to Jupiter. Which means Mars and Jupiter were officially the finalists for the Tug-of-War event.

Later, it was Earth vs Mercury, to determine which House would claim 3rd place. In the end, Mercury won both rounds.
And at last, the final match, Mars versus Jupiter. Epic moment. I actually began to feel nervous and uneasy again. The line-up for Jupiter's Tug-of-War team was seriously intimidating. Everyone looked so huge and big-sized!
After a few words of encouragement from Theeban ( Head of Rumah Mars ), the match started. I braced for the worst, and it came. I felt like a 4WD Truck was pulling me forward! Yet, my team held firm, and a few moments later, we fought back. And to our astonishment, we won the first round against Jupiter!
Brimming with joy, we got ready for our second round with Jupiter. But alas, after a long and heated struggle, Mars lost to Jupiter. With the score tied, the last match was held to determine the winner. Unfortunately, Mars also lost this round to Jupiter. Which means Jupiter's in Ist place, Mars is the runner-up ( 2nd place ), and Mercury's in 3rd place...

Well, I'm glad it's finally over! It was tough, but it was a great and exhilarating experience! After all, 2nd place is better than nothing!
Later, the Girl's Tug-of-War event took place. I was actually glad to be just a spectator! It was during this event when I discovered that the pinkie finger on my left hand was bleeding... Hmmm...

Well, the fireworks are over. After some prize-giving, we all went back to class...
I passed up my Modern Maths homework to Pn Goh. Then, Pn Hamirizan ( Bio teacher ) taught us about the Nephron and its role in human osmoregulation ( Something to do with blood osmotic pressure, water, salts, and uhhh, urine. ).
After school, my mother brought me somewhere for lunch. When I came back home, I didn't hesitate any longer. I straight away went to my room and collapsed onto my bed!
Ahhh! The feeling of relief was truly overwhelming! [ smiles ]

Well, that's it for now.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: