Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 15, 2010

Year End Break 2010 has begun...

Today's actually the last day of school!
Yay!
The one-and-a-half month long, Year End school break has finally begun!

Well, officially, the Year End Break is supposed to start on the 20th of November, which is actually this Saturday. But school is closed on Tuesday in order to prepare the SPM Examination Hall, whereas there's Hari Raya Aidiladha on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
So technically, the Year End Break has started almost a whole week in advance!

Okay, let me recall about school today...
Ummm, I carried out my Prefect duty at the school gate, as usual. After that, I went upstairs to class...
Basically, I spent most of my time chatting with my friends, particularly Lee King and Sabrina.
I talked to Lee King about the PlayStations 2 and 3, the Nintendo Wii, the Xbox 360, computer graphics, console video games, et cetera. You know, "guy's stuff"...
After that, I read a bit of "Reader's Digest" before chatting with Sabrina. We chatted about all sorts of interesting stuff. My gosh, we talked about so many different topics that I actually forgot about almost all the stuff we talked about! Well, it's good to have someone to chat with when you've got literally nothing much to do...
I chatted with Sabrina until recess, if I'm not mistaken.

During recess, I was the ONLY Prefect who was carrying out "filter food" duty.
The other Prefects who were supposed to be assisting me with "filter food" duty were Kim Yen, Hari, Farhan, Sakthy, and Acap, but the 5 of them were nowhere to be seen. So I was alone...
However, because of that, I got praised by Theeban during the Prefect's Meeting afterwards.
Honestly, I didn't expect Theeban to praise me out of the blue!
But anyway, thanks Theeban! Your praise really motivates me to carry out my responsibilities as a School Prefect better in the future...

Well, that's it about school.

Okay, let's move on to Chess, shall we?
I'm trying to adopt the French Defense into my repertoire of openings for Black.
The French Defense is characterised by the moves 1. e4 e6.
This opening is renowned for its solidity and resilience. The solid defense achieved is stable, extremely difficult to break down, and is not easily compromised. The idea is to create an impregnable defense, particularly concerning the normally vulnerable f7 square, weather the ensuing White assault, and finally counterattack the enemy position.

Yeah, I am aware that I have a reputation of being an aggressive, attacking player.
However, I'm actually becoming more and more interested in the idea of "hypermodern" openings and the fundamentals of defensive and counterattacking gameplay.
For instance, I've started using my once favourite White opening, the Benko Opening ( 1. g3 ), and utilised it to great effect in many of my recent games.

Of course, I won't totally abandon my roots in classical Chess gameplay.
I don't intend on completely ignoring my central, Classical openings, such as the good-old King's Pawn Opening ( 1. e4 ), or the venerable Sicilian Defense ( 1. ...c5 ).
The reason why I'm delving into the concept of defense and counterattack is to merely "broaden my perspective" in Chess. In other words, I can't just stick to only one playing style and cling on to that for the rest of my Chess-playing career, can I?
Point being, my interest in the hypermodern fundamentals serves to ensure that my repertoire of openings remains flexible, as well as improve my performance in all aspects of the game as a whole...

Okay enough about Chess...

Besides that, since my brother achieved 5As in the recent UPSR Examination, he might be receiving a PlayStation 2.
Well, good for him, I guess! It's kind of like his dream to actually own a gaming console!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed ( Because I also want to play that PS2! )
Haha!

Well, that's it for now.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: