Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Of ELS, Drama for BM, and Plasma Membranes...

Okay, a lot of stuff has happened since I last updated.
So I'm just gonna get straight to the point, alright?

Ummm, let me see, the first meeting for the English Language Society was yesterday.
And guess what?
I became the Secretary!
Well, one of the secretaries actually - There are two of us: Me and a Form 5 girl named Liyana...
Well, at least I have a rank! Haha!

The President is a guy called Aqil, and the Vice President is non other than Hazwan himself! No surprise, actually...
The two treasurers are Losh and Tian Hui.
Ashman, Sarah and Sehran became Committee members. The only person in my group of friends who didn't get a rank is Hari.
Poor Hari! It's okay, you're already a prefect anyway!

Anyway, the "Directorial Board" ( Involving the President, Vice President, Secretaries and Treasurers ) had to stay back until 5pm to have a Committee meeting.
During the Committee meeting, we planned the activities for the ELS and selected the committee members.
I can still remember when Aqil suggested handing out flyers and posters depicting a portrait of himself and below him would be wordings that read "ELS WANTS YOU!"!
The very thought of it was hilarious!

Today, at school, we had to play out the drama for Bahasa Melayu.
Remember the drama I talked about in one of my previous posts ( 25th February: A Hectic Week )?
It's the drama "Gelanggang Tuk Wali", and FYI, my team represents the largest amount of actors in one drama in my class ( Starring Sehran, me, Hazwan, Jannah, Evo, Syazween, Iman, Nani, Diyanti, Arif, Aleef, Iqbal, Tian Hui, Jia Huey and Alison. )

Well, we acted it out today, and it turned out quite okay!
However, there are a few parts that need improving...
But oh well, we did our best, and the important thing is that the audience liked it!

Credits to Sehran and Hazwan for suggesting to put music into the drama - The addition of music made the drama significantly more interesting.
The songs we used were:
1. "Boom Boom Pow" by The Black Eyed Peas = Played when Iqbal was doing his "shuffle" scene. 2. "Bodyguards and Assassins - Main Theme" = One of the most melancholic and sad songs I've ever heard, and used to great effect during Sehran's death scene.
3. Various P. Ramlee songs = Used throughout the drama to reflect the classical setting of the drama.

Overall, it was a great experience and it was loads of fun!
I want to congratulate my team for their cooperation, teamwork, and a job well done!
Good work guys!

Oh, and I've just completed all my homework! Phew!
That huge mountain of homework that had been piling up ever since last week is finally taken care of!
Take that, "homework"!!!
The hardest assignment of 'em all was the one where I was required to draw a fluid-mosaic model of the plasma membrane for my Biology presentation folio.

It was quite difficult trying to draw it, because there are like SO many hydrophilic heads and hydrophobic tails in a plasma membrane!
Just take a look at the amount of spheres I had to draw!
Fortunately, I managed to finish drawing it just in time for dinner! [ smiles ]

Well, that's all for now.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: