Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ugh! Back To School Again...

Well, tomorrow, school will re-open...
[ long sigh ]
You know, to be honest, I really don't like school days...
Wanna know why?
I've got several reasons, including:
- Waking up at 6am every day, not to mention that it's pitch black at that time.
- Being nearly deafened by the sharp ring of my annoying alarm clock.
- Getting half-blinded when I turn on the lights.
- Suffering the wrath of the icy cold shower.
- Having an excruciating stomachache ( not likely, but it happens... )

Ugh!
The school holidays this year seemed to pass by so quickly...
Could it be because I was so busy working on my project, I never really noticed how time flew by so fast?
Oh well...
On the plus side, I'll get to see my friends again!

Anyway, I have something to say about Chess...
I haven't been blogging about Chess for quite some time now, so here goes...
I've decided not to be too much of a tactical player. It turns out that that's one of my biggest weaknesses in Chess - I tend to play too aggressively, which may lead to overextension of my pieces.

So, I've decided to change my style of gameplay.
I aim to improve my "strategical" gameplay.
Point being, I'm going to have to make deeply-calculated, subtle, positional moves in contrast to the flashy, aggressive, swashbuckling moves that I play all the time.

Another principle involved in positional play is a player's subtlety in his moves.
This means carefully positioning your pieces at important hardpoints on the board, so that they'll be ready for the storm that is to come.

This is the direct opposite of the tactical style of play. Tactical gameplay involves complicated, complex moves that involve the very mechanics of the pieces ( how they move and operate ).
In other words, clever, properly-calculated combinations are the foundation of tactical Chess. You're gonna have to be very, very good at calculations in order to play around with the tactics involved in this style, however.

I plan to balance out my skills, combining the best of my tactical weapons with the subtlety of positional play.
Hazwan and Ashman seem to know a great deal about positional play. Perhaps I'll learn from them when I return to school tomorrow.

I too have a tiny bit of experience in positional gameplay, having developed several strategies from the passive benefits of the Caro-Kann/Slav Defense.
But I've yet to perfect my positional play.
I'm still, as of now, a very tactical player.
I hope Hazwan and Ashman will be able to teach me the ways of positional gameplay.

Well, that's it for now.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: