Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Trip to FRIM!

What better way to top off the year 2009 than with a family trip to the Forest Reserve Institute of Malaysia ( FRIM )?
This is exactly what my family and I did on the final day of 2009, which was yesterday.

Reality check:
1. Today's the first day of the year 2010!
2. School's gonna start next Monday, which is 3 days from now.
Scary? Or exciting?
Hmmm...

Okay, anyway, back to the main story.
I went to FRIM yesterday.
We arrived at around 3pm. At 3.15pm, we started walking along a path called the "Rover Track".

The path was quite long, and was honestly, rather uneventful.
You want to know why?

The only thing you get to see there are trees. Thousands of trees. Millions of trees. Trees as far as the eye could see!
In fact, I think I had a bout of "deja vu" at one point during the walk!
Well, I guess that's why they call it the FOREST Reserve Institute of Malaysia.

Alright, I took some pictures with my 3.2 megapixel handphone camera.
Some of the pictures are also taken by my father using his handphone camera.
Most of the pictures involve, yup, you guessed it - trees!
Here they are:

Guess who?

Look at that long, winding path...It looks like it goes on forever...

The forest canopy - resembles a weird, ornate kaleidoscope of some kind...
I have no idea why I took this picture. It could be because of the flowing water in the foreground, I guess.

I have to admit, I like this picture. Those sunbeams really ooze atmosphere.

More trees!

Even more trees!

You won't believe how much my brother was sweating at this point!

When we finally exited the "Rover Track", we found ourselves at a structure known as the "Malay Teahouse".
We walked inside. It turns out that the interior of the building is modelled to look like an old, authentic Malay teahouse...
There were tonnes of colonial stuff, such as British-like coffee canisters and an old gramophone.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something.
Just as we were exiting the "Rover Track", my father found a giant ant!
We could tell it was a giant ant, because a smaller, normal ant was scurrying around it when we took a closer look.

Astonishingly, the ant was stock still for some reason, and we figured it was a great opportunity to snap a picture.
I tried to take the picture of the ant with my handphone, but it was too blurry, so my father used his 5.0 megapixel handphone camera instead.
Here are the pictures of the giant ant and the "Malay Teahouse":

The giant ant. We were lucky it wasn't scurrying all over the place, or we would have never been able to take this picture!

Ignore my Jurassic Park shirt and shift your attention to the "Malay Teahouse" signboard!

The gramophone makes this picture look very authentic and colonial, no?

After we left the "Malay Teahouse", we walked along the main road towards the Information Centre.
My father asked the lady at the information counter about the location of the waterfalls, which was our next destination.

We headed there, and I just managed to take a quick picture of the waterfall. It was rather difficult to do so because I was taking the picture on a rather steep and narrow flight of steps.

After that, we left the waterfalls and headed for the car park.
Along the way, I took a few more pictures of some interesting-looking trees.

This isn't as breath-taking as Angel Falls, but it will do...

Looks very European-ish, doesn't it?

Believe it or not, it's a bamboo tree.

At about 5pm, we reached the car park.
We got into the car and headed for home.
But unfortunately, there was a massive traffic jam, so by the time we finally got home, it was already 6pm.
I was so tired. I actually planned to type this post as soon as I got home yesterday, but I was too tired to do anything.

Well, that's what I did on the last day of 2009...
Oh well...

Ummm, oh yeah, I finally posted my video "Andrew vs Alvyn" on YouTube!
I also posted it on Facebook too.
You can go and check it out on YouTube by clicking on the link under my "Jump To Lightspeed..." link list.
Of for you lazy people out there, you can just click here:
Andrew vs Alvyn - Lightsaber Duel

Of course, you could just scroll down and watch my video in my previous post.
But the downside is that you won't get to watch it in fullscreen...

Well, I guess this is it for now.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: