Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Meeting Of Masters"

Hmmm, let me try to recall what's happened in my life so far.
Nothing much, I think.
Oh wait, there is something...

I went to a so-called "Meeting Of Masters" at Ashman's house yesterday.
Ashman himself organised it. He arranged for the whole "Chess Gang" to meet at his house yesterday after lunch.

I arrived at his house at 1.30pm. Apparently, I was the earliest to get there. Sehran's supposed to come at 2pm, and Hazwan said he would be "a little late".

Well, anyway, while waiting for the others, Ashman and I played two friendly games of Chess.
He won playing the White pieces in the first round, and I won the second round playing the Black pieces.
And I have to admit, the Caro-Kann Defense is pretty darn effective!
But I better not use it all the time, or else I might become too predictable...

Sehran finally came at 2.30pm.
He and Ashman played one round of "Twister" while waiting for Hazwan.
But Hazwan was still absent.

So, Sehran and I played a game of Chess.
He was White and I was Black. I played the Petrov Defense.
But he didn't follow the main continuation.
Instead, he did something a bit strange and unexpected.

Instead of following White's main continuation line, he played an unorthodox system, and it almost worked against me!
But he got stuck because he couldn't find a way to breach my defenses AND parry my coming counterattack at the same time. In other words, he had no plan...
So, when my mother came at 3.30pm, we agreed on a draw.
And Hazwan still wasn't there!

Oh well...
It's over now.
Nothing much needs to be said about this.
But I wonder, did Hazwan really come to the "Meeting of Masters" after I left?

Okay, I think I'm gonna check out a Facebook application called "Cafe World".
A lot of my friends are using it, so I think I'm gonna see what it's all about...
But if it's just another RC-type game, then count me out! - I really don't wanna to play those kind of games anymore...

Well, I guess that's it for now.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: