Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Finally! My Old PC Is Okay Again!

Okay, remember in my last post, I said that my old PC would be brought to a computer technician to be diagnosed for problems.
This is because my newly bought AGP graphics card, an "ATI Radeon 9550", wouldn't work on my old PC.

So, the technician inspected the computer, and in the end he said that it was the "ATI Radeon 9550" that wasn't compatible with my old PC.
Then, he recommended the "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500" for my PC, again.

Well, I wasn't that disappointed, honestly speaking...
Because last night, I did some research on "Wikipedia", and I found that the "ATI Radeon 9550" and the "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500" are extremely similar in terms of graphics quality and performance.
If you want to compare the cards for yourself, you can click the links below:
Comparison of NVIDIA Graphics Processing Units
Comparison of AMD Graphics Processing Units

The "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500" is under the "GeForce FX (5xxx)" series.
The "ATI Radeon 9550" is under the "Radeon R300 (9xxx, X10xx)" series.

If you've compared the specifications of the two graphics cards, you'll see that the "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500" edges out slightly better than the "ATI Radeon 9550", with a max fillrate of 1080MT/s, while the "ATI Radeon 9550" has a max fillrate of only 1000MT/s.

The core clock and memory clock on the "GeForce FX 5500" is also better than the "Radeon 9550".
Even the technician said that the "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500" is the best AGP card available for my PC - point being, it can't get any better than this card.

And the card actually works without any problems whatsoever.
I know, because I've tested it out myself.

And the best part is that I finally get to play my PC games again!
So I guess it all turned out alright for my old computer! [ smiles ]

Plus, my old PC got a few more upgrades, other than the graphics card, of course:
1. A pair of swanky, new computer speakers.
2. A wireless internet connection ( I won't be using this one so often, though ).
3. An 320GB external hard drive.

Well, enough about my old PC.
I'm quite satisfied with it.
This whole problem is over at last...

Well, I guess that's it for now.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: