Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Very Disappointing Day...

Well, I haven't updated my blog for quite some time now, because I was busy dealing with my graphics card problem.
So, here I am at last!
Anyway, I went looking for an AGP graphics card to replace the old one today.

But first, my family and I stopped at a warehouse sale somewhere near Bukit Jelutong.
It was a warehouse sale, for school books! Ugh!
My parents bought me and my brother a tonne of reference books and activity books for next year!
Yikes!

After that, we went to Subang Parade to look for the AGP graphics card.
We went to all the computer stores in Subang Parade, but all of them had mostly PCI Express graphics cards, not AGP.
And for those stores which do have AGP graphics cards in stock, they only have one model: The NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500, which is exactly the same card that I have! ( The one that malfunctioned, remember? )

So, after that, we went to Sunway Pyramid and began hunting for the AGP graphics card there.
This time, the computer stores actually had AGP graphics cards other than the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500.
At long last!

I found a good AGP graphics card in a store called "ASUS", or at least that's what I think it's called.
The graphics card I found is the "ATI Radeon 9550".
It's awesome! Not only is it AGP, but it's also better than my previous graphics card!
Even one of my PC gaming magazines, "PC Gamer Malaysia", mentioned the card I found as "a good card" and "worth holding on to"!

I was so excited!
But when I got home, all of that changed...
Apparently, the same problem that forced me to replace my previous graphics card is happening to my new one too.
I was puzzled. When I tried to reboot the computer to install the graphics card, the monitor was blank, just like with my previous graphics card.

I called Mun Hoh, one of my good friends back in Puchong, to help me with my problem.
He said that I didn't insert the card properly. In other words, I didn't push the card in the slot all the way...
So, I tried to push the graphics card deeper into its slot. But at one point, I knew that the card could go no deeper.
Then, he decided that I should simply just call a computer technician.

My father agreed to this, and called a technician...

Well, I think you can tell how very disappointed and upset I am after what happened today.
My excitement of getting a brand new graphics card, and finally being able to play my PC games again, was wiped out, just like that.
[ sigh ]
[ rubs forehead ]

Well, my father is going to bring my computer to a PC technician tomorrow.
Maybe tomorrow will bring more promising results...
I really hope that whatever problem plaguing my old PC will be solved tomorrow...

I guess that's it for now...

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: