Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Card Towers!

I am now experiencing the "epitome of boredom".
I've got absolutely nothing to do!

I've got no one to play Chess with, there's no good television show to watch, I've got no more books to read, etc, etc...

Then, I found a deck of poker cards.
In fact, I found two decks of poker cards.
I was excited at first, but then I realised that there's no one available to play cards with me...

I stared at the cards, wondering what to do with them.
Then, my brother came along, looked at the cards, went to YouTube, and searched for a video on how to do the "riffle" card shuffle.
Well, in the end, we both knew how to do the "riffle" shuffle - after 2 hours of non-stop practice, of course.
Because as we all know, practice makes perfect!

Anyway, after "riffle" shuffling for perhaps the 100th consecutive time, I got bored again.
So I built a small 2-storey card tower. I stared at it.

Then I decided to challenge myself.
The challenge? - Build a card tower using all the cards from one of the card decks.
I managed to build it without breaking a sweat.

Then my brother challenged me to increase the original tower's height using the other deck of cards I found.
And of course, I did it.

The final tower was 8-storeys high...
Honestly, I was sad to see it being demolished by both my brother and father...
Here are some pictures of the tower before it was destroyed:

This is the 8-storey card tower...
Here it is again, but from a different angle.


The next day, I had the sudden urge to build another card tower, this time taller than the first one I had built the previous day. This idea came from the fact that I had a whole deck of UNO cards in my room. Perfect, I thought!

So, I turned off the fan and turned on the air-conditioning. I was afraid that the fan might blow down my card tower.
It was around 8pm when I propped up the first two cards.
After roughly 20 minutes, I completed the card tower, using 2 full card decks and a deck of UNO cards.

It was 11-storeys high!
The highest card tower I've ever constructed!
I could have increased the height to 12-storeys, but unfortunately, I was short of 10 cards...
Oh well...
Here are the pictures of the 11-storey tower:

The 11-storey tower in all its glory!


Here it is again, but from a different angle...


Just ignore the Darth Vader desktop wallpaper on my computer screen and focus on the tower, kay?


Oh, it's just one of the great Wonders of the modern world! Nah, it's just an 11-storey card tower, that's all...


Everything varies depending on your point of view - This is a great example!


So, ummm, what do you guys think?
Impressive, no?
But if anybody else has built a card tower higher than mine, please, let me know, so I can attempt to construct a higher one! [ smiles ]

Besides that, I got a haircut today.
Hopefully, my hair grows fast enough so that by the time I go to collect my PMR results, my hair will be back to its normal length...

Oh yeah, speaking of PMR results, someone on Facebook says that us Form 3 students will most likely be collecting our PMR results on either the 26th or 28th of December.
I'm NOT sure about this, kay?
So don't take my word for it!

So, ummm, I guess that's it for now...

May the Force be with you...

1 critical responses:

Anonymous said...

i love carddddssss!!!! <<<<33333