Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Chou Da Di"?

Alright, I went to school today.
Then again, I don't really have much of a choice, because my brother HAD to go to school today for some reason. So my parents asked me to tag along.

It was real boring. Almost none of my friends were there.
So I hung out with Matthew, Bridget, Nani, Yi Ling and Iman.

And I learned how to play a chinese poker card game called "Chou Da Di".
I think that's the name of the game, according to Bridget. But it's pronounced differently, of course.

Okay, I think this game is too difficult for me to explain here.
The rules are quite complex.
The easiest way of learning how to play this card game is by means of demonstration...

Anyway, Bridget introduced this game to us ( Me, Matthew, Nani and Iman. Yi Ling was somewhere else at the time... ).
I actually knew a few things about "Chou Da Di" already, having seen a game being played between Winnie, Sehran and one of my Chinese friends the previous week. But I was a bit confused then, because that was the FIRST time I tried learning the game.

After Bridget gave a quick demonstration on how to play "Chou Da Di" today, I caught on pretty quickly.
Anyway, it's quite an interesting game...

Oh, and I found a Chess book belonging to Sehran at school.
It's called "Counter-Gambits: Black To Play And Win" by T.D. Harding.

As you've guessed, it's mainly about Black counter-gambit openings.
There's also a lot about dynamic counterplay and preparing early, calculated aggression for Black.
It's an interesting book, so I couldn't just leave it at school, right?

So, I brought it home and I'll give it back to Sehran the next time I see him.
In the mean time, I might as well read the book, since it's with me, no?
Who disapproves of me doing this?
No one?
Good!

Alright, and finally, I'm thinking of adding 2 new songs to my music playlist.
1. "It Ends Tonight" by The All American Rejects.
2. "Down" by Jay Sean

I heard both of these songs while I was exercising at the gym.
I THINK it was Hitz FM, most likely...
Oh well...
Tell me what you guys think, alright?

Oh, and I also removed "21 Guns" by Green Day.
The reason? No idea.
I just felt like I wanted to remove it, that's all!

Okay, I guess that's it for now.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: