Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Still tense even after PMR is over!!!

Okay, I've got something really awesome to say...

The PMR Examination is over!!!

And to tell you the truth, the exams were quite easy, even Sejarah!
Well, I'm just so glad it's over!
But my brother still has his End-Of-Year Examinations this week, so I still can't use the computer that much...

Oh well...

Anyway, guess what happened during the Kemahiran Hidup Examination?
I had a horrible stomachache!
Luckily, I managed to hold out until the exam was over.

Getting a stomachache during the middle of the PMR Examination is the worst thing that has ever happened to me!

Alright, after PMR, I followed Ashman, Hazwan and Sehran to Haritharan's house.
We played the boardgame, Risk.
And we had loads of fun!

Honestly, playing Risk makes you more tense than taking the PMR Exam!
We only played one game, but it was cramped with military and political complications!
It was the most interesting Risk match I've ever played!

I can even put together the storyline of the game we played!
If you don't wanna read it, I'm not forcing you, kay?
For those of you who ACTUALLY want to read what happened, then read on!

Besides, this is just a way where I can use my awesome English language skills to beautifully describe everything that happened during the climatic battle!
Try not to fall asleep while reading, yeah?
( P.S. Try to create a mental picture of a world map. Or even better, actually bring out a real world map! Trust me, it helps to visualise the conflict better! )

Firstly, here are the troop concentrations:
Ashman - Eastern Australia, Central Asia, Northern Europe
Andrew - Western Australia, South East Asia, Japan, Iceland, US Eastern Coast
Sehran - US Western Coast, North East of Asia, Ukraine
Hazwan - Eastern Africa, Middle East, Southern Europe
Haritharan - South America, Western Africa, Central America

Alright, the game is turn-based. I moved first, Sehran second, Hari third, Ashman fourth, and Hazwan's last.
Okay, here's what happened:

TURN 1
1. Ashman and I mobilised our troops. We considered each other enemies because we both were fighting for control of Australia.
2. Sehran annihilates my outposts in the US Eastern Coast, conquers most of Asia and links the Ukraine with his other territories. Sehran's Empire is established. Later, Sehran attempts to invade my outpost in Iceland, but fails.
3. Hari invades the territories in Southern Europe. An alliance is formed between Hari and Sehran.
4. Ashman adds more reinforcements to his capital in Eastern Australia. He begins a passive battleplan.
5. Hazwan attacks Hari's position in North Africa and isolates Hari's territories in Southern Europe.

TURN 2
6. I conquer Mongolia and add more troops to my Western Australian capital, afraid that Ashman might attack me at any moment.
7. Sehran, realising that his capital is vulnerable from an attack from Asia, reinforces Northern Asia.
8. Hari regains control of North Africa and mounts a successful attack on Hazwan's capital in Madagascar. Haritharan's Empire is established. Hazwan's last pockets of resistance are in the Middle East and in Spain.
9. Ashman, Hazwan and I form an alliance to avoid being annihilated by the Imperial Powers ( Sehran and Hari ).
10. Hazwan attempts to gather forces in the Middle East and to control the passage between East and West, therefore preventing Hari's armies from attacking Asia.

TURN 3
1. Due to the alliance I formed with Ashman, I was able to mobilise all my East Australian defenders to Central Asia, denying Sehran access into Asia.
2. Sehran, fearing I might use my large, newly mobilised army to smash through his defenses in Asia and attack America via Alaska, reinforces his Northern Asian territories.
3. Hari annihilates Hazwan's troops in Spain and strengthens his foothold in Southern Europe. He gets ready to unleash his armies upon the Middle East.
4. I voluntarily give up my outpost in Iceland so that Ashman may use it as a spring board for his invasion of Sehran's US capital via Greenland. He also splits Sehran's Empire in two and isolates the Ukraine by conquering the Urals.
5. Hazwan further solidifies his foothold in the Middle East. Ashman agrees to voluntarily give up India to Hazwan.

TURN 4
1. I reinforce my armies in Central Asia and Japan with more troops, not only defending Asia from Sehran's Empire, but threatening to break through Sehran's defenses and, together with Ashman's European forces, unleash a multi-front offensive into America.
2. Sehran reconnects his broken empire by retaking the Urals from Ashman.
3. Hari invades the Middle East, but suffers extremely heavy casualties due to tenacious resistance put up by Hazwan's trroops. The bulk of Hari's Imperial Army is destroyed.
4. Hazwan heroically sacrifices himself by offering India, his last territory, to Ashman and I, thus gaining us a troop bonus. We accept the offer, Ashman takes India, and Hazwan leaves the game.

TURN 5
1. I strengthened my position in Central Asia because I knew that an attack into Hari's Empire in Europe or an attack into Sehran's Empire in America would be too risky. If my army gets destroyed, there would be nothing to stop the Imperial Powers from utterly destroying Ashman and I.
2. Sehran plays a passive move and reinforces his territories, mobilising the bulk of his troops into Siberia.
3. Hari eliminates Ashman's positions in Northern Europe. Unable to find a clear route into Asia, he betrays Sehran and conquers Sehran's position in the Ukraine. Hari controls all of Europe, which means that his Empire now spans across 3 continents. The Alliance between Hari and Sehran is cancelled.
4. Ashman strengthens his troop concentrations in Eastern Australia and comes up with a battleplan where I mobilise ALL of my South East Asian reserves and group them in my position in Central Asia. Ashman plans to mobilise his massive East Australian Army by taking my positions in Indonesia and Siam, but leaving my capital in Western Australia intact.

TURN 6
1. The first part of Ashman's battleplan comes into fruition. I reinforce all my South East Asian troops and congregate them in Mongolia.
2. Sehran, who was betrayed by Hari, forms an Alliance with Ashman and I. The great tension between my troops and Sehran's troops finally come to an end. With the promise that my armies won't attack Sehran's territories in Northern Asia, Sehran mobilises his Imperial Army to attack Hari's Empire from Central America and the Urals.
3. Hari, realising that he was in trouble, reinforces his Middle Eastern territories and conquers India.
4. Ashman begins the mobilisation of his East Australian army by taking South East Asia, hoping to get his army into Asia and into the fight.

TURN 7 ( FINAL TURN )
1. I strengthened my massive army for the final time and waited for my next turn before I commenced with the final thrust into Hari's Empire. My army represented the most amount of troops concentrated in only one territory.
2. Sehran liberates Iceland and Peru from Hari's Empire. Then, he mobilises most of his troops to Peru to make the final push towards Hari's capital, which is further south.
3. Hari reinforces his territories in a last ditch effort to defend his Empire from the onslaught of the Allied armies.

After Turn 7, which was around 1pm, Sehran had to leave because his parents had arrived.
I had to leave as well. I was supposed to walk all the way to my brother's school and wait for my mother there.
So, Ashman, Sehran and I agreed to end the war and offer a peace proposal to Hari. We didn't have much of a choice, anyway.

And so ends the awesome Risk match!
I hope you didn't find it too boring!

And several prominent characters emerged from this match, as quoted by Ashman:
1. Hazwan = For valiantly sacrificing himself in order to keep the Allied Forces in the game! He also prevented Hari from entering Asia via the Middle East.
2. Sehran = For realising the dream of the Tsars: Conquering and maintaining an empire that spanned the whole of Russia AND the United States!
3. Andrew ( me ) = For preventing Sehran from penetrating into the heartland of Asia by amassing the greatest amount of troops ever concentrated in just one region!
4. Hari = For conquering a gigantic empire that spans three continents - South America, Africa, and Europe!
5. Ashman = For masterminding the great mobilisation battleplan that involved the deployment of my Western Australian Army and his Eastern Australian Army to the frontline!

Well, this game proves that good ( Allied Forces ) will always triumph over evil ( Hari's Empire )!

Oh, speaking of board games, I've just renewed my list of favourite Chess openings!
Yay!
Here it is:
WHITE
1. King's Gambit
2. Benko Opening
3. Bishop's Opening
4. Stonewall Attack

BLACK
1. Symmetrical King's Pawn / Queen's Pawn Opening
2. Sicilian Defense
3. Petrov Defense
4. Albin / Falkbeer Countergambit

Well, I guess that's it for now.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: