Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nothing But Chess!!!


Okay, I went to school today.

Remember the Chess tournament I was talking about in my last post?
Hari and Sehran didn't come, so we couldn't continue with the tournament.
Among the 5 participants, only Ashman, Hazwan and I came.

In fact, almost 3/4 of the class were absent today!
So the class was quieter than normal.

Anyway, I played Chess with Winnie again.
And guess what?
I won!!!
Yay!

But it wasn't really that glorious, because Ashman beat her before, too.
But oh well, at least I managed to defeat her at last!
P.S. I used the Petrov Defense! It's so awesome!

Okay, after that match with Winnie, I tried experimenting with the Stonewall Attack, and it turns out that it doesn't really suit my style of play.

So I adopted another White opening.
It's a variation of a Black opening known as the Philidor Defense.
It's called "Philidor Defense 3.d4 Bg4 Variation".

It's really awesome!!! I played it against Ashman, and it worked brilliantly!

It is characterised by the moves:
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 d6
3. d4 Bg4

After Bg4, I would play:
4. dxe5 Bxf3
5. Qxf3 dxe5

I love it!
It leads to such an excellent game for me!
I just LOVE open games!!!

So, because of the failure of the Stonewall Attack and my discovery of the effectiveness of the Philidor Defense 4. d4 Bg4 Variation, I made some changes to my list of prefered Chess openings.
Oh, and I gave up on the Sicilian Defense. I don't really like Black hypermodern openings anymore.

WHITE
1. King's Pawn Opening ( transposes into other openings that I like )
2. King's Gambit
3. Benko Opening
4. Bishop's Opening

BLACK
1. Symmetrical King's/Queen's Pawn Opening
2. Petrov Defense
3. Albin/Falkbeer Countergambit
4. Caro-Kann Defense

Okay, I guess that's it.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: