Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More About Chess!!!

Alright, I went to school today, hauling a massive load of Form 3 textbooks in my bag.
Honestly, I felt that if I carried the books for too long, my shoulder could become dislodged!

Anyway, Hazwan, Ashman, Hari, Sehran and I organised a chess competition.
Hey, there was nothing else we could do!

So, we played Chess for almost 5 hours non-stop!!!

Alright, now for the important part.
I played a match with Winnie Hong, the best Chess player in my school.
I was Black and she was White.

I used the Petrov Defense, one of my favourite Black openings.
And it worked so well!
I used my two well-placed Knights to maintain enormous pressure on Winnie's position.
I was actually winning!!!

But then, I made the biggest mistake ever!
I sacrificed my Knight for two of Winnie's Kingside pawns.
That was my big mistake and it cost me the game!

I don't believe it!!!
I could have won if only I was more conservative!!!
[ sigh ]
Why did I have to make that sacrifice?! I should have played like how Hari usually plays - "passive and conservative".

But that wouldn't be me, now wouldn't it?
Nah! I think I'll stick to my aggressive, flamboyant gameplay.
My days as a "passive and conservative" player are long gone!

Conclusively, I really blew that game with Winnie big-time!!!


Anyway, I've discovered that the Petrov Defense is actually very effective ( if you know how to transpose it properly, that is! ).
I used it, and it gained me considerably powerful initiative against opponents such as Winnie and Haritharan!
It's so awesome!!!

And I think I'm gonna try and use the Stonewall Attack tomorrow.
I've never used the Stonewall Attack against my friends at school.
Chances are that it might work brilliantly!
The explanation in Wikipedia makes the Stonewall seem like a very solid and reliable opening.
Oh well, it's worth a shot!

Okay, I guess that's it.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: