Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lightsaber Tests!

Alright, I'm here.

Okay, remember in my last post, I said that I have Adobe After Effects CS4 on my computer?
And I said that I would try to learn how to create a lightsaber?

Well, I did it!

But I had no choice but to use the video files from the "Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde" project because there was no other video file on my computer that I could use.

You can go and see them here:
Adobe After Effects CS4 Lightsaber Tests

Yeah, I know that the frame rate / performance of the videos is crappy!
Those are the only videos with the most decent frame rate on my computer, alright?
I don't have a super duper HD camera or anything like that!

Just wait until I get my hands on one of those REAL cameras!
That will be really fun!

Anyway, the lightsaber in the first video is obviously my first attempt at creating a lightsaber because it looks awful, I have to admit.

The lightsaber in the second video is a bit better, but is a real pain in the neck to work with. And it doesn't really blend in with the original video that well...

My third attempt at making a lightsaber is a rotoscoping technique I learned from a guy called Ryan Wieber. Apparently, he's one of the most famous lightsaber rotoscopers ever!
I found out how to rotoscope a lightsaber using his technique from this website:
Ryan-W.com

Then there's my fourth video, which depicts a pair of lightsabers battling it out for a short while.
I made this one because I had nothing else left to do at the time.
Oh well...

Okay, I guess that's it for now.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: