Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 14, 2009

The Napoleon Opening!

School was unbelievably boring today.

At least the BM teacher gave us something to do.
But all the other teachers apparently didn't want to teach us.
So, Pendidikan Sivik, Maths and English were free periods.

During Pendidikan Sivik, Ashman and I played Chess!
Hey, we've got nothing else better to do!
Unfortunately, Hazwan didn't come today.
He's in Penang or something like that.

So, I decided to try out the so-called "Napoleon Opening" for White.
( If you don't know what that is, you can find out here... )

At first, I anticipated that it wouldn't work so well against an experienced opponent like Ashman.
But later in the game, I realised that the Napoleon Opening was actually quite effective! That is if you know how to transpose it properly!
I won the game, of course.

Well, this victory changes everything, including my list of favourite openings.
So here's the new list.

WHITE
1. King's Gambit
2. Benko Opening
3. King's Indian Attack
4. Napoleon Opening

BLACK
1. Modern Defence
2. Pirc Defence
3. King's Indian Defence
4. Sicilian Defence

Well, enough about Chess!


Oh, and apparently, the special event at the ELS yesterday turned out to be a party.
When I called Hazwan, he said there was a party with food, drinks, etc, etc...

But when I asked Ashman, he would only say "ubi keledek".
"Ubi keledek"? What on earth is that supposed to mean?
At first I didn't believe him, until when Iman asked him, he said the exact same thing! Then I knew he wasn't bluffing!

Oh well, I guess the teacher brought "ubi keledek" to the party.
That's one possible theory...

Okay, that's it for now.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: