Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 19, 2009

New Chess Openings

Alright, I'm here...

It turns out that I don't really have to do the oral presentation this week after all! Hooray!

And I made a mistake on my last post.
I said I was going to give a speech about "The History Of Chess", right?

Well, I change my mind.
I think I'm going to talk about "The Origins Of Chess". It's simpler, but it's still quite interesting!

Jas, Haziq, Aisyah and I were supposed to do the oral presentation after school yesterday.
After the school finished, I went to the canteen to eat my lunch.
Then, I followed Ashman and Bridget to the library for the English Language Society meeting.

Since we had nothing better to do, Ashman and I played SIX consecutive Chess games!
When ELS ended at around 4.30 pm, I was rather worried because no one called me for the oral presentation.
Then I saw Haziq, and he told me that the speech was postponed because Pn. Roslinda ( English teacher ) wasn't at school.

So it's still not over...[ sigh ]


Besides that, my brother discovered an interesting online flash game called "Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 2".
It's kind of like Guitar Heroes, but players use the keyboard instead.

I tried it out, and so far, I can only get past the "Amateur" level!

Although the graphics aren't as nice as the real Guitar Heroes series ( What do you expect? It's a flash game! ), the songs are quite nice.
Only "Hollywise" by Blacktop Manhattan and "Truth Or Dare" by Garden State are a bit lousy...

If you want to try it out for yourself ( Just give it a shot! ), just click the link below...

Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 2!


Anyway, the weather this morning was scorching hot!
The worst part is that I forgot to bring my fan!

And I managed to increase my marks for BM! Yay!
I also learned a new chapter in Science. It was quite interesting, I guess...


As for Chess, I've decided that the Sicilian Defense is not a good opening for me.
So, here's a list of Chess openings that I'm most likely going to use in the future:

WHITE:
1. King's Gambit
2. Benko Opening
3. Bishop Opening
4. King's Indian Attack ( transposed from Benko Opening )

BLACK:
1. Modern Defence
2. Caro-Kann Defence
3. Pirc Defence ( transposed from Modern Defence )
4. King's Indian Defence ( transposed from Modern Defence )

For those of you who actually know what these openings mean, good for you!
For those of you who don't know, well, too bad!

Finally, a question for Jannah...
Jannah, why do you hate me?
A. I didn't teach you simultaneous linear equations properly.
B. I love playing Chess.
C. Any other reason. ( Please tell me! I beg you! )
D. None of the above, which means you don't hate me anymore!

Well, that's it.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: