Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Evergreen Game!

Okay, let's get straight to the point, shall we?

As you can clearly see, I've changed my text font from "Verdana" to "Arial". I hope it's okay. If you don't like it, just post a comment in my Jedi Hologram ( cBox ).

Anyway, I went to Ashman and Hari's house yesterday.

I went to Ashman's house first.
He lead me upstairs to his room. When I entered, I saw that he had already prepared a Chess set. I just couldn't help but smile! This guy really is obsessed about Chess!

After we played 2 rounds, he showed me an annotation of a Chess game between Adolf Anderssen and Jean Dufresne. It's known as the "Evergreen Game", and the variations in it are awesome!
Here is the annotation.

White: Adolf Anderssen
Black: Jean Dufresne

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. Bc4 Bc5
4. b4 Bxb4
5. c3 Ba5
6. d4 exd4
7. O-O d3?!
8. Qb3!? Qf6
9. e5 Qg6
10. Re1! Nge7
11. Ba3 b5?!
12. Qxb5 Rb8
13. Qa4 Bb6
14. Nbd2 Bb7
15. Ne4 Qf5?
16. Bxd3 Qh5
17. Nf6+!? gxf6
18. exf6 Rg8
19. Rad1 Qxf3?
20. Rxe7+! Nxe7
21. Qxd7+! Kxd7
22. Bf5+ Ke8
23. Bd7+ Kf8
24. Bxe7 checkmate


For those of you who actually know how to read and interpret Chess annotations, do try and play out the "Evergreen Game". Trust me, it's worth it!


At 2.30 pm, Ashman's parents sent us to Hari's house. The weather was horrible. It was scorching hot!

When we arrived at Hari's house, we went into Hari's room and started rehearsing for our BM drama. Hazwan was there as well. He was the director.

Apparently, my friends couldn't stop thinking about Chess!


After we finished rehearsing for the drama, Ashman literally dived to the place where Hari keeps his Chess set!
He was that desperate!

After we played Chess, we played a board game called "Risk".
For those of you who don't know, "Risk" is a strategy game where a player gets to command miniature soldiers on a world map.

A player has to go to war against other players. The outcome of battles are determined by rolling dice.
So this game practically depends on luck.
But there's still quite a lot of strategy involved, such as positioning your troops at important locations, etc...

The objective: Conquer the world, duh!

We played for almost 2 hours. But we didn't manage to finish the whole game due to reasons that can't be explained.
I was the player with the least casualties throughout the whole game. I only lost one soldier!


Besides that, I watched a movie called "Apocalypto".
It was awesome! The storyline and plot was very interesting.
It was also kind of violent, but I guess "300" is worse than this.

Finally, I'll be getting my haircut tomorrow...
So, Jas, and everyone else who wants me to change my hairstyle, keep your fingers crossed!

Well, I guess that's it.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: