Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mid-Year Exams Are Finally Over!

Finally! The mid-year examinations are over!

At last! I get to blog again! Hoorah!

I found a few pictures about Chess. I know it's lame! It's just temporary until I find some real pictures!
Besides, I've only got 4 Chess pictures.

Don't worry! I'll find something. Eventually...

Anyway, last Sunday ( Which was actually during my exam week! ), I went to the Setia Alam welcome centre to participate in a simultaneous chess tournament with an Indian grandmaster named Collin Madhavan.
He has an official FIDE rating of 2200!

Just in case you don't know what's a simultaneous chess tournament, it's a game where a grandmaster is surrounded by players, each with their own chess boards. The grandmaster walks around, faces a player, makes his move, and then moves on to the next player.

The match took such a long time! We started playing at around 2pm. The match finally ended at 6pm!
Luckily, I brought my Sejarah reference book so I could study in between turns, or else I would have been bored to death!

I offered to draw with Collin. He accepted the draw, knowing that the game was going to drag on for a very, very long time.

I managed to snap a few pictures during the tournament. Here they are!



Recognise my notebook?


Oh my gosh! So scary!


I couldn't resist taking this picture! I love Chess!

My game with Collin Madhavan. Would you believe that this is just the 9th position?

The best part is that we get a certificate of participation.
We also get a FREE Chess set, even if we lose! How generous!

Conclusively, I learned one thing:
Never use the Sicilian Opening against a black man! ( Just joking! Just joking! )


Oh yeah, I posted 2 new videos on YouTube.
Here are the links:

No Boundaries - Kris Allen and Adam Lambert

KOTOR 2 Death Of Darth Sion

The first video is about the song "No Boundaries", which was sung by the American Idol finalists Kris Allen and Adam Lambert. Kris Allen is the new American Idol, by the way. Yay!

The second video is about a video game that I have on my computer. The game is Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords. My character is the one with the blue lightsaber, for your information!

And yet again, I used Windows Movie Maker to edit the videos! I guess I'm just not ready to take my movie editing skills to the next level! Sorry, Essie


Besides that, I've been short-listed for the Secondary Three ASEAN Scholarship for Year 2010! When I received the letter from the Singapore MOE ( Ministry Of Education ), I was both shocked and overjoyed! I couldn't believe my eyes!

But I'm going to have to take a placement test at the Sunway Convention Centre on the 6th of June. The tests that I have to take are Mathematics, English and something called General Ability.

Hopefully, I will pass the tests. And if I do, I'll be headed to Singapore by the end of 2009!
Oh well, I can't be too confident, can I?


Finally, I had my Pendidikan Seni exam today.
To be honest with you, I drew a masterpiece! One of the best drawings I've done so far! It was awesome!
I was somewhat reluctant to pass it up to the teacher!
But the PJK exam was hellish! I won't be surprised if I get a C, or even a D!

Okay, that's it.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: