Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

More Folios To Worry About!

Okay, I'm here...

Okay, firstly, my History and Geography teachers both assigned my class to complete folios for each subject.

The Geography folio is okay, I guess. At least we get to work in groups! Generally, I still don't like to do it, but it's MUCH easier compared to the History folio.

The History folio has to be about historical buildings in Malaysia. So far, I haven't decided what building I'm going to research.

I wanted to do the PETRONAS Twin Towers, but the teacher said it wasn't old enough. According to my History teacher, the building has to be 50 years old in order to be classified as a genuine historical building. Pffft!!! What rubbish!

So, I'm forced to find another historical building. I plan to do it this weekend...
Just simply finding information about the building isn't the difficult part. Once I have the information, I have to write it all down, like an essay...

The essay has to be FIFTEEN pages long!!!

It's madness!!! It's outrageous!!! I HATE Malaysia's education system!!! I HATE IT!!!

[ Calms down ]
Okay, all I have to do is grit my teeth and just do it.
It will all be over in no time. Hopefully...

Okay, enough about folios...

On a brighter note, I borrowed a cool chess program from Hazwan. It's called Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition. Don't worry, Hazwan. I'll return it to you first thing tomorrow...

I installed it on my new computer first. The performance was extremely crappy. I couldn't use a 3D board, because it slowed down the computer by a lot. But I managed to play a few rounds using the 2D board. I won all the matches, of course...

Then, I installed it on my old computer. I generally prefer my old computer over my new computer because:
1. It's upgraded with a graphics card ( A Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 AGP 8X, to be precise. )
2. It has a much better audio system.
3. It's more suitable for gaming purposes...

But it does have drawbacks. Here's a list:
1. It tends to shut down by itself without warning.
2. It stops processing ( In other words, the computer 'hangs' )
3. Certain computer hardware stop working ( mouse, keyboard etc )
4. The computer refuses to boot up ( It doesn't start up after I press the power switch. )
5. The cooling fan in the CPU chassis generates a lot of noise.

Everything in the list occurs very frequently. But sometimes, for some reason I can't explain, none of the above happens...

Anyway, I installed the program. It was awesome!!! The performance was unparalleled!

I played a few rounds and won them all. I experimented with the large variety of chess sets available. Some of them were even animated!

I accessed the Chess Academy tab and listened to International Chess Master Josh Waitzkin's tutorial. I learned so much from him!
Luckily, he emphasised on End Game tactics. I used to play horribly in the End Game stage, but now I completely understand the fundamentals of End Game tactics.

Chessmaster even has a databank of Chess openings. After analysing all of them, I decided that the 'Sicilian Defense / Nc6 variation' was the opening that suited my style of play...

Okay, enough about Chessmaster...

Oh, I forgot.
I don't like it when people underestimate my capabilities...

For example, some of my friends think that I can't participate in the races that are going to be held during Sports Day simply because they think that I can't run fast.

Well, here's a message for them:
Never judge a book by its cover!

I actually wanted to enter one of the races, but there were no more places available.
I can run fast, just so you know. Just because I look like a nerd doesn't mean I'm slow and weak! I can even beat Lee King in arm-wrestling. If you don't believe me, ask him yourself!

I hope I made myself clear. I'm not scolding anyone. I just don't like people who don't respect other people's strengths and capabilties...

Well, other than that, the "Phobia Of Girls" problem seems to be under control for now. I still find it really hard communicating with girls. Well, at least I'm better off than last time...

Okay, I'll be stopping here.
Keep me posted!

May the Force be with you...

1 critical responses:

Essie said...

If you had the time, I think it would be extremely interesting to write your folio about our late Ah Kong's house.

Do you remember? The old, rickety place with wooden stairs, a garage and a super creepy-lookin' shed with whoknowswhat inside.

It's historical. It's older than 50 years. I heard that our late grandfather himself grew up in there!

And in a sense, your father would/should/ought to know a good fair bit about that house. Did you know our late grandfather also owned the entire stretch of shops that was connected to that house? Did you also know that THAT particularly rickety, antiquated row of shops is built on a real main road, meaning that it must have been one of the earliest buncha places to live in?

That automatically means that the little antiquated row of shops where our dads grew up in was kinda like a life-line for the back-then little thriving Batu Pahat?

Of course, that would be if you wanted something interesting to do. Otherwise, I'm sure A'Famosa wouldn't mind another folio written about it.

OOOH. HOW ABOUT THE "HAUNTED MANSION" up in Cameron? The one where supposedly this famous (forgot his name. He's in the history books!) British colonel/army-guy lived up in Camerons, and mysteriously disappeared... I think he was the founder of Boh tea also? Something like that?