Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

First School Day of 2011

Hello again, everyone!
Gosh, my blog has already started to die...
This COULD very well be my last post! Yes, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've actually lost the will to blog!
Uhhh, this is probably because I don't receive a whole lot of feedback nowadays, regardless of what I blog about.
Oh well...

Anyway, today's actually the first day of school.
So, I woke up at 6am this morning to get ready for school.
Ugh, how I hate waking up early in the morning...
Truth be told, I was really envious of my brother ( he's an afternoon session student ) this morning. Why? He was still fast asleep as I was getting ready for school...

During the assembly, various teachers presented their own speeches. Honestly, I was sweating like crazy! I'm not sure anyone actually noticed, though. I just hope they didn't.
Well, I was wearing a blazer! And what do you get when you cross a guy wearing a blazer with typical Malaysian weather ( in this case warm and humid )?
Lots of heat, and therefore, lots of sweat too!

After that, there was a brief Prefect's meeting in the Prefect's Room. Then I headed up to my classroom ( 5 Beta ).
5 Beta's class teacher this year is Pn Thamilselvi, and she teaches English. For me, this was totally unexpected, as I've never had an English teacher become my class teacher before!
So far, for my class, I know that Pn Hamirizan is still the Biology teacher, Pn Rohaida is our new BM teacher, and there's a chance that Pn Goh Ah Choun is going to retain her role as our Modern Mathematics teacher...

Well, Pn Thamil came into class first, and she initiated an "ice-breaking" session, but technically, everyone in 5 Beta already knew each other fairly well. I looked kinda' ridiculous when I stood up to tell everyone my name, location of residence, and all the other piles of gibberish that I usually tend to blabber out during "ice-breaking" sessions.

Uhhh, after that, Pn Hamirizan came in and gave us a little introduction about Form 5 Biology. She also covered a bit about the first chapter of F5 Biology - Transport ( transportation / circulation systems in the human body and plants ).
After that, we went for recess. Well, just the normal students, that is. We Prefects had to carry out our duties.

After that, I played a game of Chess with Ashman. I was actually supposed to play with Hari, but astonishingly, Hari had made a shocking resolution for 2011 - He had declared not to play chess in school! Yikes!
Well, Ashman played White and I played Black. He started the game with the immediate 1. Nf3 ( The Reti Opening ), and I countered with 1. ...d5.
The game continued with me somehow achieving a Caro-Kann pawn structure. Ashman castled Kingside, but I guess he didn't notice, or more likely didn't WANT to notice, that I had a Queen-Bishop battery ( Queen on c7, Bishop on d6 ) and a Knight converging on the h1 square. Only the Ashman's King and Knight were defending h1. He ignored the convergence threat, which struck me as odd. What was his motive at that point? Some sort of Zwischenzug?

Well, I took the pawn on h1, and at the same time, I jeopardised his King's safety on the Kingside. After that, I managed to land my Knight on a nice hole within Ashman's territory. By the end of all the sequences and combinations, I lost my Bishop on h1, but I had 4 passed pawns to my credit ( two on Queenside, two on Kingside ). Plus, he had a deactivated dark-squared Bishop on his backrank and my two rooks were ready to fly into action along the c-file.
But I had to adjourn the game when Pn Rohaida, my BM teacher for the year, came into my class...

During the final period, Pn Thamil came back into the class. We held the elections for the positions of Class Monitor, Assistant Class Monitor, Secretary, Treasurer, and the various AJKs ( Ahli Jawatankuasa ).
Uhhh, the new class monitor is Nafis, his assistant is Sabrina, the secretary is Shereen, the treasurer is Kee King, the AJK Perabot is Alison, the AJK Kebersihan is Tian Hui, the AJK Keceriaan is Fatiha, and the AJK SPBT is Loshvindra.

Well, that's practically it for now, I guess...

Remember, this MIGHT be my very last post on Blogger!
So, don't really expect me to publish any new posts, unless I really want to in future!
This is Andrew, signing off.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: