Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Choreographed Martial Arts Fight!

Yeah, I am definitely aware that I am not blogging as frequently as before.
But hey, I only blog when something important or interesting pops up! I don't really blog about stuff like my feelings, random topics that just so happen to pop into my head, or whatever. That's not my "style"! [ smiles ]

Well, I did go to school yesterday for a Prefect's meeting ( it's about "top secret and confidential stuff"! Can't be revealed here! Hehe! )
One thing I did notice was that some areas of the school had been renovated over the holidays. The stairwells and the Open Hall, to name a few. Furthermore, many of the doors have been repainted, and construction of a shelter just outside the school compound is underway...

Anyway, my brother and I had been planning to choreograph a martial arts video for quite some time now. Yup, that's right, "martial arts"...
No more lightsabers for the time being!
And so, we managed to make our very first choreographed martial arts video!

Last Saturday, we practiced on our hand-to-hand fighting skills. We only knew a few techniques from several different martial arts styles. We learned about them mainly from the Internet...
Uhhh, if I'm not mistaken, the fighting style in the video is mainly just a mixture of moves from several distinct martial arts styles.
Neither Alvyn or I utilise just one fighting style throughout the video. We just jumbled everything up and linked several techniques together to form combinations...

Right, I'm sure you wanna see the video for yourself now, right?
Well, you've got 2 main options:
1. You could go to YouTube itself to watch the video. Just click the link I've so kindly provided for you below,

2. Or you could watch it here!
[ FYI: We used a 5.0 MegaPixel handphone camera to shoot the whole thing. Although the framerate is quite smooth, the video is still a little blurry! My apologies! ]


Well, there you have it.
Yeah, I know what you're thinking: "It could have been better!"
But this IS my first martial arts video, and obviously, there will always be more room for improvement...

So yeah, that's it for now.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: