Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Mandarin Lesson...

Right, I'm only here to let you guys know that I just went for my first official Mandarin language class just now...
The lesson begins at 11am and ends at 1pm.
I was actually the first to arrive at the ICLS ( Inter-Cultural Language School ). I think I reached there at around 10.45am.

A few moments later, other students began to arrive.
And finally, at around 11am, our teacher arrived.
She's not as I expected, especially due to the fact that she's actually a Malay.
But despite that, she CAN speak Mandarin fluently. In fact, I think she can speak Mandarin better than Bahasa Melayu!

Well, we learned about Pin Yin consonants, vowels, intonation, and several complimentary words...
Then we moved on to basic phrases concerning introduction, greeting, and asking about names.
Later, we had to do some pair work. I teamed up with a guy named Hafiz Ramli ( He's 20 years old, if I'm not mistaken ). We had to practice with each other using the provided dialogue text. It was, well, kinda fun, I guess...

This is just the beginning of my endeavour to learn Mandarin.
There are still many more lessons to come. And in the meantime, I also have to learn the language from other sources, such as television shows, dramas, movies, et cetera.
But I've yet to actually communicate efficiently in Mandarin. Not yet, anyway... Soon...
I'm only familiar with a few words in Mandarin. I've still got literally hundreds of words to learn!

Well, that's it for now.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: