Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

2010 Mid-Term Examinations Are Finally Over!!!

Alright, guys, I'm finally back! The Mid-Year Examination is over at last!
And the two-week long 2nd mid-term holiday starts this Saturday!
Wahoo!
Anyway, let me try and recall everything that's happened ever since I had to stop using the computer until now...
[ WARNING: This post might get a little boring, as I'm going to crap about stuff like Prefect's Camp, etc. And you guys DO know that I tend to blog about every single detail. So, don't say I didn't warn you! ]

Ummm, I went to Prefect's Camp a week just before the Examination. It was on the 7th of May, if I'm not mistaken, and the exam started on 18th May. The Camp lasted three days ( 7, 8, and 9 May ).
Since it was a "Prefect's" Camp, all the Prefects were there...

During the camp, me and the other prefects went through the most strenuous schedule I have ever been through, jam-packed with all sorts of "fun" activities! Oh, did I say "fun"? My mistake! [ I was being sarcastic ] I meant tiring and exhausting!!!
There were night walks that lasted until more than 12 midnight, some sort of blindfold game at 3 in the morning, extremely rigorous morning exercises, and loads more! What "fun", right?!
Overall, over the course of two nights, I think I only managed to get around 5-6 hours of sleep!

And worst of all, I had to sleep in the same tent with a guy called Harshana ( At least, I think that's how his name is spelled... ).
The camp facilitators offered us a tent that could fit 4 people inside. So, Hari, Hazwan and I had to look for one more guy to share our tent with. And almost coincidentally, we saw Harshana standing in front of us, and Hari immediately brought him into our group.
It was the most terrible mistake he ever made!

With Harshana in our tent, it was no small feat to actually manage to fall asleep! Harshana would be singing songs like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" all night long, like an old, broken radio! And he would be blabbering out all sorts of nonsense just like Sehran does, which made it utterly impossible for the rest of us to go to sleep!
On the first night, we went to sleep at around 2 or 3 in the morning. Hari, Hazwan, and I all looked forward to a good night's sleep after an exhausting day full of "fun" activities. But Harshana was surprisingly still quite active, and he was determined NOT to let the rest of us fall asleep! Whenever Hari didn't respond to Harshana's questions, he would tickle Hari until Hari woke up again! He would also sing various types of songs, and he irritated us even more when we realised that he had snuck over to the entrance of the tent and unzipped the tent's front cover! I think we only went to sleep an hour after Harshana's shenanigans!
On the second night, we were ordered to go to sleep at 12.30. Hazwan and Hari decided to sleep outside the tent, out in the open assembly area, where it was cooler. They thought that by doing so, they would not only escape the sweltering heat inside the tent, but they would also manage to get away from Harshana. I decided to stay inside the tent - With Hazwan, and especially Hari, sleeping outside, I'd have more room in the tent for myself. Hazwan and Hari both assumed that Harshana would not disturb them if they were outside, but they were gravely mistaken! In order to both annoy me and the other two outside, he actually positioned himself at the ENTRANCE of the tent, so that one half of his body was on the inside of the tent, while the other was on the outside! By doing so, he is effectively able to irritate me, Hari and Hazwan effortlessly. But fortunately for me, he was actually more preoccupied disturbing Hazwan and Hari outside, so he completely forgot about me, and I was able to get a much-needed 3-hour sleep.

Well, yeah, that's Prefect's Camp...
A large duration of the Camp involves participation in the so-called "fun" activities.
But other than that, well, yeah there's nothing much, really...
But I did have a great experience, and I learned a lot of useful stuff about being a Prefect. So yeah, I think Prefect's Camp was quite interesting, and "fun"!

The week that followed after Prefect's Camp was rather uneventful, and the long 3-week Mid-Term Examination period was equally uneventful! I'm actually surprised I survived those three weeks without any signs of mental damage!
However, my fingers were "severely" injured on the first and second day of the examination!
The first day was the Bahasa Melayu exam, and my fingers were fine in the morning, before the exam.
But during BM Paper 2, while I was furiously writing my 400+ word essay about "Peranan Keluarga Dalam Pembangunan Sahsiah Anak", I realised that I was seriously pushing my ring finger and my little, pinkie finger to the limit! I was scrawling on the paper so furiously, that I didn't even know that the part of my ring and pinkie fingers that rubbed against the surface of the paper were red in colour! I continued to push my fingers to the limit, despite the throbbing pain. After the exam, I showed my "injuries" to my friends, and they all decreed that exams were "bad for health"!
Man, I have to say, BM Paper 1 and Paper 2 are two of the most grueling examinations ever!
There are no objective questions anymore ( This is SPM we're talking about, people! ), and a majority of the "minor" questions in Paper 1 were more like mini-essays, each demanding an explanation of around 70-100 words! And that's just Paper 1! Paper 2 is where the LONG essays are! And since these two examinations are back-to-back, the fingers are really going to suffer!

Okay, this week, on Tuesday, we Form 4 students had no exams, apart from a few people who were taking either the Chinese or Tamil exams.
So, Hazwan and I helped to paste the names of the classes' lines at the assembly area, so that the students would be able to line up more systematically, and the assembly process would proceed more smoothly as a result.

After that, Pn. Goh came along and requested for some help from some of the boys in my class who were not taking any exams that day. She wanted us to "break chairs" - point being, we have to demolish the unused chairs behind the canteen and dispose of them in a giant rubbish heap to be transported away from the school.
And then the most hilarious thing happened to Sehran!
I can't help but laugh to myself everytime I think of it!

But since Sehran's my good friend and I don't want to embarass him, I'm not going to blurt out what REALLY happened to him on that faithful day.
Instead, I'm just going to say this - Whenever you come across Sehran, make sure you refer to him as "Yellow-thread"!
Yup, that's right, "Yellow-thread"!
DO NOT ask why! [ smiles ]

Well, yeah, that's pretty much everything interesting that's happened since the last time I blogged until now.
Now, I have to:
1. Work on a Force Lightning project that Alvyn and I filmed before the exam ( It's unbelievably crappy - Choreography was done spontaneously, there was no camera man, and the lighting and location was horrible. But hey, we were bored! PLUS, this would serve as a pre-runner to my upcoming, serious project: "Andrew vs Ashman"... )
2. Create a "Star Wars Examination" using the computer! I actually created a Star Wars Exam paper already, and the first person to take it was none-other than Alvyn! He got a 76, a B, which is disappointing, really. Then I showed the paper to my friends, and they all liked it in a weird sort of way! And when I hinted that I was going to create a Star Wars Examination paper using the computer, Hari even asked me to create a copy for him and the others as well!!! Who knew a little bit of doodling in a note book could actually lead to the creation of a whole new examination?!

Well, yeah, that's it for now.

May the Force be with you...

1 critical responses:

Essie said...

Hey! Welcome back to the blogosphere!

I see you've left a fan crying on the cbox. ;P

And yeah, Prefect Camps are usually full of such "fun". My first and only experience was filled with such "fun" my body was covered in bruises, scratches and muscular aches for the next 3 days. Hated it. Not worth going. Ever.

Oh I totally understand the red fingers! Looks like you get it too, huh. But well, put it this way, it's training for College/Uni. Most of my exams are all essays, with "short answers" and "Essays" that are really just the same length, all about 1000-2000 each, depending on how much marks you intend to get.

I'm sure you'll do well for your exams though! Keep us posted! I sure miss reading your blog!

Oh, do send me the Star Wars exam too. I know a couple of buddies (Mr. Andrew Ho one of 'em) to send that exam to. Hehe!