Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 30, 2010

Yesterday, and Today...

Okay, guys, sorry I didn't manage to blog yesterday. I was too tired...
So, I'm gonna update about what happened yesterday first. After that, I'll update about today...

Alright, let's start with yesterday...
Ummm, school was uneventful.
The classes went on normally:
English = comprehension exercises.
Biology = the importance of controlled mitosis ( cell division ).
Modern Maths = Statistics.
Bahasa Melayu = Essay about Kemalangan Jalan Raya.
Chemistry = Practical exercises.

After school, I had to go and attend a Prefect's Meeting.
Hazwan, Jas, Hari and I went to the meeting at around 1.30pm. But throughout most of the duration of the meeting, we just sat there in the corner doing nothing! Then, Hazwan and I began to chat about Nickelback playing so-called "stupid songs" and Hari and Jas were apparently talking about "Hari's girlfriend"...
After some time, it became apparent that our presence there was actually unnecessary, so we gave the excuse that we needed to go home immediately, and they let us go. We quickly exited the Prefect's Room and rushed to the canteen for the Kelab Permainan Dalaman meeting.

I only played two "serious" games that day, and all of them were with Ashman. Ashman and I drew both of them.
In the first game, he was White and I was Black, and he played 1. d4. I countered with 1. ...c6. The game went on 2. c4 d5 - The Slav Defense.
After a while, Ashman came up with a combination involving several pins on my Queen and uncastled King. And after all the series of tactical complications had ended, I was down a piece.

But somehow, I managed to muster a ferocious counter-attack, utilising the open c and e files to my advantage. I even succeeded in capturing a Rook after my light-squared Bishop forked his Rook and Queen.
Although I had a slight material disadvantage ( I had a Rook for a Knight and Bishop ), my position was much better, and I was raining down intense pressure on the c and e files with my Rooks, while Ashman's remaining Rook was restrained to a1 for quite a long time.
Hazwan even deemed my position the "perfect position" - With complete domination of the two central files, my centralised Queen actively supporting the Rooks, Ashman's backward piece development, and the removal of Ashman's defensive Rook at the hands of my light squared Bishop. But of course, I was merely playing for a draw, even though I had a clear initiative...

Later in the game, we exchanged Queens.
After a lot of piece maneuvering, both our Queenside pawn structures were completely annihilated. After we exchanged Rooks, the position looked very drawish, and Hazwan confirmed it would most likely be a draw. So, I offered a draw to Ashman, and he accepted...

Moving on to the second game, Ashman was Black and I was White this time. I played 1. e4, and he responded with 1. ...e5. The game continued with 2. Nf3 Nf6 - The Petrov Defense. Of course, I declined to take the free pawn on e4, and decided to transpose it to the Three Knight's Game with the move 3. Nc3. Ashman transposed the game into a Four Knights Game instead by playing 3. ...Nc6.
We both played normal developing moves, and it all looked very boring. I tried to flare the game up a bit by offering a trade of Bishops, which by doing so will create central doubled pawns, as well as the semi-open f-file for my Kingside Rook to use. Of course he saw what I was trying to do, so he declined the exchange.
Soon, I managed to open up my c-file. However, I had to trade my Bishop for his Knight in order to do so. Ashman's Knight on f6 played a pivotal role in controlling the center. It was defending his pawns on d5 and e4, which made it difficult for me to exert any more influence in the center. So, I decided to use the open c-file instead, attacking from the flank. However, Ashman counter-attacked in the center, steamrolling his pawns forward. After I exchanged my central pawns for his, his pieces began to flood into the Queenside.
After a series of exchanges, the material was even, but my pawns on the Queenside were "tripled". Yup, that's right, "tripled"! Hazwan decreed that the fact that I managed to create tripled pawns was a "momentous" occasion... But of course, the tripled pawns had their advantages, despite its inability to advance any further. It completely denies any pawn advance directly down the side of the structure, and it played a vital roll in keeping the opposition, so that the enemy King was unable to infiltrate my half of the board.
After we traded off our last pieces, Knight for Knight, we played for zugzwang by pushing our Kingside pawns forward. However, in the end, the pawns became locked, and both our King's couldn't make any progress whatsoever.
So, he offered to draw the game, and I accepted...

After that, we played a lot of Russian Chess ( This is essentially "giveaway" Chess, where the objective of the game is to just blunder off all your pieces. Plus, captures are compulsory in this game ). We were just too tired to continue playing serious games of Chess anymore!
Then, I met with Jooi Foong and his friend, and he invited me to a game of Chinese Chess. I lost the first game with him, but I won the second game...
Man, I didn't realise how long it's been since the last time I played Chinese Chess!

Woah, this post is quite long already, mainly because of my descriptions of my games with Ashman...
Well, I don't want to type a new post, so I'm just gonna continue...

Today, during Pendidikan Jasmani, me, Jannah, Jaslyn, Hari, Ashman, Hazwan and Sehran played football again.
Uhhh, Ashman, Hari and I were on one team, while Jaslyn, Jannah, Sehran and Hazwan formed the other team. Yeah, I know, it's actually quite unfair, right? Me being an amateur and all...

Anyway, the final score was a draw, 2-2. And there were many "accidents" during the game!
Examples:
1. Ashman's and Sehran's legs got tangled up while going after the ball, and they both fell together!
2. Jannah kicked the football directly at Sehran's crotch, and the worst part is that, the ball actually DID collide with his crotch!
3. Jannah slipped to the ground directly in front of me while going after the ball, and since I was running at full speed, I couldn't stop myself from running, and I tripped over her!

Well, it was fun.
At least I finally know how to play a bit of football now...

So yeah, that's practically it for now.

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: