Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Force Lightning!

Alright, I posted another video on YouTube.
Actually I posted two, but one of them is kind of irrelevant.

I've just learned how to create Force Lightning in Adobe After Effects CS4!
I've actually made Force Lightning in After Effects before, but then, it looked sort of fake ( Hey! I was just exploring AAE at the time! )

But this time, I watched a tutorial on YouTube, and now my Force Lightning looks very, very professional!
Kind of like the Force Lightning you see in the movies!
I even incorporated lighting and lens flares to great effect!

If you wanna see it for yourself, you can click here,
Force Lightning Test

Again, I used the video that I always use: the one from the Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde project.
Hey, don't blame me!
I really hate using this video for my tests all the time! Honestly!

I wish I had a good camera...
That would be wonderful, because then I can really stage my own After Effects tests and I wouldn't have to use the same video file over and over again...
But unfortunately, I don't have one!

So, this is the only video on my computer that's even worth working on in Adobe After Effects!

Anyway, back to the video I made.
Well, Ashman is the one using the Force Lightning.

I used the lighting tools in After Effects to give the whole video a light bluish hue when Ashman is firing the lightning, just to make it more realistic.
I also used lens flares to augment the Force Lightning's appearance.
Don't be afraid to leave some comments about the video, alright?

The other video I posted is merely one of the lightsaber test videos I've posted on YouTube before.
Only this time, I've improved the quality and framerate of the video.
So, the video runs smoother and the performance isn't as crappy as before...

Well, I guess that's it for now.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: