Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

ASEAN Scholarship Interview!

Alright, remember that ASEAN Scholarship placement test that I had to take on the 6th of June?
If you don't, just refer to my previous posts!

Well, I wasn't really that confident of doing well in the IQ, English and Mathematics tests.

I reckoned there are loads of people who've done so much better than me.

But when I got home today, I got a real shock!
There was a letter stating that I had successfully passed the placement test!
It also said that I had to attend an interview at the Sunway Convention Centre.

Wow! I surprise even myself!

But the interview is on the 21st of August.
Which means it's this Friday! Yikes!
That's much sooner than I expected!

I guess I have to brush up on my social skills.
Should be no problem, right?
Right? [ gulps ]


Okay, besides that, my value in "Friends For Sale!" is now exactly $11,739,108!
And someone, please buy me!
I don't wanna belong to Lee King!

Alright, I guess that's it.

Comment me, kay?

May the Force be with you...

5 critical responses:

Essie said...

Wow, congratulations Andrew! ASEAN is a huuuuge thing!

Some friendly tips for the upcoming interview:

1) BE YOURSELF. Do not EVER attempt to lie or flatter yourself. BE 100% HONEST and SPEAK YOUR MIND. The panel of interviewers are so experienced, they can tell when you even remotely THINK of trying to exaggerate.

2) DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY. Whether they praise you or try to put you down and tell you that you're hopeless- DO NOT FALL FOR IT, ANDREW. This is just their technique for TESTING YOU. They want to see how you react to different situations. Just respond to it like how you normally would, but don't take anything they say to heart.

3) RELAX. Go with the flow, don't tense up, show them you're a smooth-goer and you don't die under the tiniest kind of stress.

4) DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS. When you're there, you're going to meet a LOT of other kids who are better than you, worse than you, anything from the champion of champions to the doofus who looks like his grandfather bought his ticket into ASEAN. Whatever it is, don't compare yourself, and DON'T EVER FEEL BELITTLED by others. You are Andrew, and they are whoever. So what if their list of amazing acheivements are 300 metres long? You will always have something they don't, and vice versa. It's not even a competition because you are unique, you are special, and you will shine above the others if you stay true to being the amazing person you are.

5) BE POLITE. I don't think I need to elaborate on this, yeah? Hahaha

6) HAVE FUN! This is a GREAT experience for you! You're meeting with the cream of the crop here, so make friends and just enjoy the moment while its there! Even if you're shaking in your shoes because the guy going before you is having an athsma attack and the last person who left the interview room was crying and screaming about dying... enjoy it! Hahahaha! What are the odds of kids your age being in that kind of situation? XP

I hope these pointers help, and geez dude, don't worry!!! You'll be fine. Go for it, Drew! THEN COME BACK AND BLOG ABOUT IT RAWR

Adrian said...

how was the interview? i mean, any pointers?

i'm taking the interview this tues.

Anonymous said...

My interview was on monday lol. Good luck man!

Anonymous said...

hey you got it?

i got mine already!!!

see u there!

Unknown said...

Hi!
I wanna know is Math important in the selection test?
In my result slip for the last 2 years, I got A for English, & C for Math. I'm so intimidated. I don't know whether I should apply for this ASEAN Scholarship or not because my math sucks too much! T.T
I really want this Scholarship. I've tried so hard to study, but I still got C for Math... Please help me!