Cool Red Outer Glow Pointer
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Victory! At What Cost?

In my last blog, I said I had to defeat my friend in badminton to receive a video game ( Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars : Kane's Wrath )...

When I reached the badminton academy, my hands were trembling...I was nervous...I knew the price of failure...

I greeted him and my other friends and we went inside. Many of my friends wished me good luck. I positioned myself and prepared for his attack...I had to focus...

He started the game, and I parried. We fought on ferociously...
He feinted, and I barely missed the shuttlecock by a mere inch...

I knew I couldn't give up hope...there were still 20 points to go...

I lost another 5 points to him, then I turned the tide ( to his surprise! ) and won the match ( At last! )

My confidence sky-rocketed. My friend appeared exhausted. With my heart pumping wildly and sweat riddling all over my body, I took the advantage and won another set...

I was overjoyed! My hard work and effort had finally paid off......................or so I thought...

Apparently, he FORGOT to bring the game to the academy...
I forgave him, being the sympathetic person that I am...

Then I went to celebrate my victory together with my friends...
The sweet smell of victory was overwhelming...Honestly, it felt so good!

Obviously, I was sad and disappointed because I didn't really get what I wanted. But I overcame ny grief in the end. Now I realise that it doesn't matter after all...It's just a video game ( sigh )...

On the other hand, I'm anxious about the exam results. What's taking so long?
I really hope it arrives before Christmas!

May the Force be with you...

0 critical responses: